Sunday, June 19, 2011

Whitehorse to Dease Lake BC

June 19, 2011- Sunday -   We went to the Gold Rush Variety Show last night and had a great time.  It was fun and we had a lot of laughs and if you get this way, I’d recommend it.  Dave is having a great Father’s Day since he heard from all his girls.  We wish all of you a Happy Father’s Day too.  We left Whitehorse this morning in the rain and heading to Dease Lake.  Darn rain, I can’t take pictures out the front window when it’s like this, however I still took a few out the side window that I can roll down.   A moose just pranced across the road, no picture. Sigh…  Not far down the road we saw two wolves on the side of the road resting and I’m now sure why.  No picture, because by the time I saw them, we were by them. L  It’s still raining and I was hoping to see more animals since they like this type of weather.    We’re on the Alaska Highway and the scenery is quite different than before.  We saw snow and no leaves on the trees at the Continental Divide in May and as we drove by today, the snow was gone and everything was so green and the leaves on the trees were beautiful.   We’re going to take a look at those pictures later and compare.  I just saw a fox running on the edge of the woods.  How fabulous is that????!!!!  This one was a silver fox, and the one we saw in Denali was a red fox.  No picture of the fox, just one in my head however long that last. LOL 
Are you ready for this?????  Guess what I saw!!!  You’re right!!!  A BLACK BEAR!!!
I was so excited that I let Dave take the pictures so I could watch him. He looked right at us a couple of times and we have the best pictures ever.  I guess I’ll have to up the ante and start looking for a wolverine, or lynx.  What do you think my chances are?
Oh darn, a big rig just threw a rock and hit our windshield. L  It’s on my side and it’s already starting to spider.  Another half an inch and it would have missed it.  Hopefully it holds until we get back to the states.  What a day for us.  We are on the Cassair and heading to Stewart.  We’re stopping at Dease’s Lake for the night. / Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment