Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Anchorage, Alaska May 19, 2011

David is so much better today.  We are all pleased to see him getting around so well.  We took off this morning and went to the Ulu knife factory.  We spent some time there and picked out some knifes.  We saw a dog sled up close.  I can't imagine going cross country on one of them. Our truck is such a mess s  we decided to find a car wash and get at least 10 layers of dirt off.  We accomplished that and our wheels look so nice.  We then drove to Lake Hood to see all the seaplanes.  Of all the things we saw, was a black bear in a tree.  I never thought we would see a bear.  We drove through so many areas that I wondered why we didn't see a bear and then in an area of seaplanes and a lake, there he was.  Never would have guessed that.  Anyways, I got several shots and then we went to watch the float planes take off and land.  We drove around and got more pictures of planes.  Some of them had floats, some had skis and others had the big tires and called Bush planes.  Very interesting and I had a million questions.  Of course I'd like to know: How much they charge to have a plane there, and how they use their planes.  If they use them for pleasure, work or to just to get home.  We drove around a little more and headed to Costco for steaks.  Steaks on the grill!!!  Dave is cooking up a storm, and I'm freezing the food. 
We had a great day!  They all seem to go by so fast.  Dave and I, Jerry and Reva are enjoying our evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment