Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Homer May 25, 2011

Homer, May 25, 2011- We’re taking a day off.   I have a cup of coffee and enjoying the Mountain views, and watching the boats.  We did decide to go to town which is only half mile away.  There was a Moose eating the flowers by someone’s house.  We turned around and I got some nice shots and then he charged toward the truck.  Guess I shouldn’t have said, “Hey Cutie.”  Dave said, “Keep shooting and I said, “Are you kidding me, I’m rolling up the window,” as he drove away. We will try next time for better shots!!!!  We moved on and decided to drive the Skyline Drive again.  Not far down the road we saw another Moose.  I did roll down the window because there was a ditch between me and the Moose.   I still want to see a Grizzly Bear and a few more black bears.  Everyone I ask about seeing a bear tells me they are everywhere.  Well, I can’t seem to find everywhere.  I asked Dave to put it in the GPS, the GPS can’t find them either.  We went back to the campground and had lunch.  We gathered the laundry and now have it all caught up.  What a great feeling. Trailer is clean, the truck is clean, and our laundry is clean!  We have dinner all ready it just needs to be warmed up.  We’re waiting for the Tide to come in and we will fish from the bank and or dock.  Do we need more fish???? Really!!! The fishing didn’t go so well we tried for an hour, and all I got was snagged on the rocks and cold hands.  We’re going to call it a day. Wow, there are sea otters everywhere.  How sweet it is to see them rolling in the water and swimming on their backs.  That’s it for now./Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment